Friday, October 29, 2010

Paper Dolls in a Paper World

Real. I am a real person. When my parents informed me that we were moving back to Florida I thought "Well, sunny Florida. I guess that could be fun." Well, I was wrong. I understand now why we moved out of Florida before. I hate this state, no offense to the people who live here, but I mean come on. Not a fun state. Everything is the same. I go to a supposedly wonderful school. Yes, some of my teachers are AMAZING, but the school in general I hate. I don't like most of the people who go to school with me. I hate my school. Honestly I kinda hate my life in Florida in general. I am a northener. A New Englander at heart. Born in Camebridge, MA and spent most of my life in Massachusettes, in Salem and Newburyport. I LOVE snow, I love the cold. I am a cold person. I HATE heat. That is one of the things I hate so much about Florida. Another thing, forgive me nature de Florida, but I enjoy seeing the seasons change. I enjoy seeing the leaves turn orange, and I love going to pick out pumpkins and drink hot apple sider on the New England farms. I love getting lost in the corn stalks. I love eating their cinnimon homemade doughnuts. Here in Florida, I just don't fit in. I mean, I never really fit in anywhere I've lived, but Florida is the worst. Not saying that I want to be just like everyone else, I want to stand out, but I just don't feel accepted here, and anyone who has felt that before knows that it sucks. I spend most of my time at school just watching my peers. Honestly I do. I like to people watch. A great activity for actors and actresses, which I am, but it's not just that it's helpful with character dialasis. I enjoy watching people. period. I enjoy watching how people react, the way their personality changes due to the person they are talking to. The thing is, in my school we wear uniforms. They say that the uniforms are supposed to help, because when you don't express yourself through clothes people don't judge you as much. LIE! People judge just at much when you look like everyone else as when you stand out. I prefer to stand out. I look at these people in my school, and I judge. I do. Everyone does. It's called having an oppinion. haha. I've noticed though, that here people don't seem to actually be real. I watch them, milling about the school, jumping from class to class with a splash of time to gossip with eachother. The thing is, they are all the same... Except for those few who are actually real human beings. Since moving to Florida, everyone acts the same. All the girls look the same, and I mean personality wise. They all talk the same, all wear the same stuff. I mean come on! Where is the origionality???? I was talking to my friend about it today and the phrase "Paper dolls in a paper world" came out of my mouth. That's what it is here. Florida is infamous for being the land of the boring...and oranges. Numerous movies have made fun of Floridas' sense of perfection. Edward Scissorhands for example, that neighborhood was based off of Florida. the people are all the same and the places all look the same. Same houses same lives. Same materialistic, artifical lives. Once again, I point out that not everyone in Florida is like this of course, just 98% of the Floridian population. I don't want to be stuck in a world of paper people. I want to live. I want to be in a world were actually acting out makes people look at you with respect. Why can't people look at the beauty of origionality? Well, I am sick of being surrounded by paper dolls in this paper world.

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you: Florida tends to be a paper world filled with paper dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this, and I completely agree that uniforms hinder people from expressing themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the uniforms. They make me feel so terrible. Like I'm just like everyone else. I hate it.I want people to see straight off that I'm differnt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's true people do judge and will judge but it is best to just look the other way because in the long run, who cares. They can't define how you are going to live your life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. I care a little what people think of me, but not much because I know that the people who judge me now most likely wont be a part of my life in the future.

    ReplyDelete